I was reading a magazine article the other day and the mother who wrote it was telling about how she gets her 19 month old involved in chores. She washed dishes, did laundry, folded clothes, unloaded the dishwasher, and made the bed all while her 19 month old "helped". Since I have been getting a little behind in chores these days I decided to give it a try and see what Daniel was able to do. Washing dishes did not seem like a good idea to me (too much water) and I don't really make my bed. I tried laundry, he would put one piece in and shut the door. Not helpful. Opening the door in between every sock was way too much work. So I decided to let him assist me in unloading the dishwasher. As you can see from the video below, it actually worked!
Even with a slight distraction....
I still have to unload the rest of the dishes and put all the silverware in the correct locations, but now we have a fun chore we can do together. Next, we will work on cleaning his room!
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! He is such a good helper!!!
ReplyDeletehow cute, and as helpful as he can be! putting away his toys into a box/basket is good too, at his age. and you could try folding clean kitchen towels, washcloths, things that don't matter for wrinkles. give him a big hug from his great-aunt Sarah; sure wish I could see him more, but your photos & videos are the next best thing to being there! Merry Christmas! I hope it's really fun for you all.
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable...such a good helper! I totally have to try this with Ender, because everytime I try to unload the dishwasher he takes things out and throws them on the floor!
ReplyDelete