Thursday, February 18, 2010

Percy Quin State Park

Instead of doing the typical Mardi Gras this year, we decided we needed to go on a little family vacation. Sam is going into full-time studying mode soon and with a new baby on the way, we thought this was the best time to do it! It would have been wonderful if it wasn't so dang cold and if the cabin we stayed in had just ONE door separating one room from another, but at least we had lots of family bonding time!


Our Cabin!

Daniel walking on the giant log! He even wanted Sam to let go so he could do it himself : )

I am standing in the kitchen taking a picture of the bedroom. Imagine how much fun was had after trying to put Daniel to bed at a decent hour!

All bundled up! It was 26 degrees both mornings we were there!

We escaped the cold and went to the "mall" in McComb, MS. In this picture we are waiting for our Pizza!

Our "hike". It was an 8 mile trail, but once you passed the 1/4 mile boardwalk it was too muddy to hike. So we did it twice!

Our little family.

Having fun at the playground.

I used my girl scout abilities and made a fire (notice the ready to burn fire log), but once Sam added more logs it didn't last very long. Daniel was intrigued.

The view from our cabin at sunset.

How I spent most of the vacation: Washing dishes!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I am glad y'all got to have a little vacation before the baby came! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get over how handsome that child is!!!

    ReplyDelete