Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Sad Day



With this post comes some sad news for our family. I suffered another miscarriage a few days ago. The pregnancy was a complete surprise to us and after getting used to the idea of having another child, 5 days later we lost our little baby. It is amazing how quickly the idea of having another baby changes things. We went from surprised, to scared, to worried, to happy in just a few days.



Four years ago we lost another child. It was almost the same story: we only knew for 5 days and then it was over. Even though I am grieving the loss of this child, the loss 4 years ago felt much worse. Probably because I had no other children to distract me from my pain. Now, I get to space out my grieving instead of feeling it continuously for several days. One way we coped with our loss was to name our child and to place several items around our house to remember that special time we had with him. We named our first baby Michael Vincent. St. Vincent Ferrer was the patron saint of the day we found out the news. So we decided to do the same thing this time. We named our baby Maria Elizabeth. We found out we were pregnant on December 7 which celebrates St. Maria Giuseppe Rossello and we found out we lost our little baby on December 12 which celebrates the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. How neat was it that the name Mary surrounded our little baby's life! The picture above shows how I feel our baby is doing now: wrapped in the arms of our Mother Mary and completely taken care of by her and God.


Another thing we did to remember Michael Vincent was to hang a cross on the wall so we would have a visual image to remind us of him. I found a plaque at the Catholic book store with the above picture on it and the Hail Mary prayer engraved next to it. We will hang this by the cross so we will always remember our little angels in heaven.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in our prayers. Let me know if you need anything. God Bless. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.innocents.com

    Here you can memorialize your two precious babies. Mass will be said for them each day. We had done the same for our Andrew last November and the graces have flowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanna, I had no idea this happened or I would have asked how you were doing when I saw you last. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete