Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Declutter your home in 2012! (Week 1)

Inspired by another post on New Year's Resolutions, I have decided to post mine on my blog as well. This year I have decided that my house needs to be decluttered and reorganized. I got really nervous a few weeks ago when I was pregnant for that brief time. I looked around my house and wondered where this little one was going to fit. I resolved then that I was going to work very hard to get my house in order before I had to unpack the baby clothes, swings, bouncers, and cradles yet again.

I started a group on facebook so others can join in my decluttering! I didn't want to do this alone and i thought it would be way more fun if other people were cleaning with me. So far there are about 15 people who have joined my group and getting started. I will post my weekly decluttering task on this blog as well, so those of you who do not facebook often can join me if you dare.

So, are you up for the challenge?

WEEK 1: Declutter your drawers in your kitchen.
You can do one per day or all at once. Really clean them out though. Take everything out, make a throw away and a give away pile. Resolve to only put things back in that drawer if that is going to be its "home". Wipe down the inside and outside of the drawer. Now when you open your kitchen drawers you can breathe a sigh of relief as you see everything is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment